INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPEAKERS
VIRTUAL SYSTEM INSTRUCTIONS
TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPEAKERS AND CHAIRS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRERECORDED PRESENTATION
As previously announced, ESPA 2020 will be held in a live online setting to accommodate the current restrictions related to the COVID-19 epidemic. The conference will be held in a fully pre-recorded format as a live stream with a live chat for registrants, as well as other additional online opportunities for getting engaged. Details regarding the exact time and place of the live stream will be announced soon and we kindly ask you for patience as we put everything into place. In the meantime, please pay close attention to instructions regarding the recording of your presentation below.
To give all presenters and viewers of ESPA 2020 the best possible experience under these new circumstances, we kindly ask all speakers to pre-record their presentations to comply with the technical specifications outlined below.
We kindly ask you to submit your presentation well ahead of the submission deadline (September 30, 2020). This will allow time for us to verify your submission quickly, and for you to re-record and re-submit it in case it does not meet the technical specifications.
- For video, capture a single screen with your presentation/slides in full screen. Advance the slides as if presenting normally. Video feed of the presenter (such as via webcam) is not required but it is possible to use if the software allows.
- For audio, we recommend using an external microphone whenever possible. Using the microphone built into your webcam and/or laptops is also acceptable, but please ensures that you minimize ambient noise.
You may simply record yourself narrating your PowerPoint. You may incorporate a video or animation. All receivable academic formats are allowed as long as you respect the allocated time. You can use the software or application of your choice to prerecord your presentation. Please find some suggestions and guidelines by clicking on the following link:
You can also use free screen capture software, such as ShareX (download at https://getsharex.com/). If using ShareX, please see the “ShareX instructions”
- If using other recording software, please make sure to record the video in 1080p resolution (or your maximum screen resolution) and at 30 frames per second in the MP4 video format.
- Once you have begun recording but before you begin your presentation, please stay on your first slide for 10 seconds without talking. After the initial 10 seconds of silence have elapsed, you may proceed with your presentation normally. This 10 second gap will make it easier for our editors to put the presentations together cleanly.
- Similarly, after you have concluded your presentation, please remain on the final slide for 10 seconds in silence.
- Your presentation should be at least 12-15 minutes in length but should not exceed 15 minutes. It must be voiced in clear and understandable English. The filename must be the title of your paper.
- To submit your recording, upload your video file (your photo, short abstract and short bio) to a cloud storage service such as Google Drive, WeTransfer, DropBox, CoreMail or a similar service and send the download link to the Conference Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.